Image Map

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Touches of Halloween - The Laundry Room

It's official...I have decorators ADD!  Nothing in my home stays the same for more than a month (sometimes less)  I'm NOT the only one with this problem...right?!?  Seriously...tell me I am not alone in this.  I need some support here! 

In light of this recent revelation, I am continuing on with my Touches of Halloween House tour.  Because what laundry room isn't complete without pumpkins and candy corn?  I actually struggled with whether or not to post pictures of this room because I absolutely HATE the color of the walls (and I picked the color...UCK!).  Please don't judge me...I promise I will be changing this room and I will tell you all about it.  Are you starting to see a trend here in my posts?  All my promises of making changes and posting about it later?  I will, I will!  I PROMISE!  So, lets just call all these pictures the BEFORE shall we?   With that in mind, here is my laundry room in all its Pumpkin and Candy Corn glory! 


Mr. AKM built that shelf for me right after we moved in.  I LOVE that shelf!  It houses all my laundry supplies in pretty little baskets when the holidays aren't in full swing.
This is what the laundry room looks like when you walk through the kitchen...just keeping it real here folks. This is the door we use to come in all the time so EVERYTHING gets dropped off in here...and by everything I mean this room is usually filled with shoes, motorcycle gear and lots o' muddy foot prints!  I did manage to clean the floor before I took these pictures (go me).  After seeing this picture I realize that I need some nifty little baskets to hide my stuff in the shelves up there.  That would be item # 6,923 on the must get/do list for this room. 


Notice my Trick or Treat Subway Art has found a new home in here too :)  I actually moved it back to the bar but I thought it made for a cool back drop for for my candy corn jars in this picture :)

I found these adorable candy corns here from Thrifty Decor Chick.  She gives an awesome tutorial on how to make these.  They were so simple my 11 year old son decided to join in on the fun!  He is the designer of the little one in the front with the "yarn pouf" (as he calls it) on top.  I thought it made for a pretty unique candy corn myself :) 
And there you have it folks...the Laundry Room sporting this season's pumpkins and candy corn!   

xoxo Angi

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Just found your blog...love your candy corn tree...from an earlier post...and also these cone candy corn trees...so cute! I am now one of your followers...I am also a new blogger...and want to show support...plus your stuff is really adorable. Please check my blog out too! Hope you will decide to follow me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* that you decorated your laundry room! You go, girl. Thanks for visiting Red Hen Home!

    ReplyDelete

Love notes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...