Image Map

Friday, September 21, 2012

Halloween Glitter Pumpkin Topiary


 Is that not the cutest "boo" you've ever seen?

I mean seriously...

Don't you just love how glittery and sparkalicious they are??

Yes, sparkalicious is a word.  I invented it and I'm owning it!

Back off!

A few weeks ago when I was at Hobby Lobby I spotted some pretty awesome pumpkins on sale for 40% off.

So naturally, I loaded them up in my basket.  It would have been wrong not too.

Pumpkins on sale + Halloween just around the corner = must buy pumpkins!

See how that works out?

So...I had my pumpkins in my basket and I came across these cute scrolly little wooden letters...

(Insert light bulb going off in head here)

And it hits me!

GLITTER!

So here's what they started out as....


I bought some Krylon Glitter Blast in Orange and Starlite.

First I sprayed all the pumpkins I was going to blast with orange glitter...

I only needed 2 coats on those and they were good to go!

On the pumpkins I glittered in Starlite (black) I ended up having to spray paint in black 1st, then blast on 2 coats of the Starlite.

Then I sprayed the letters and hot glued them to the pumpkins.

Once they were all dry, I stacked them all on top of each other and wah-la!

Halloween Topiary!


And just because I'm me and I'm all into bows...


I gave it a bow topper!


Yea, I'm cool like that!


This was a super easy...SUPER glittery project!

So tell me what you think...are you going to make one too?




You may find this post partying in the following places:





36 comments:

  1. Thats gorgeous! Now you just have to come to my house and make me one. (I'm totally stealing sparkalicious, BTW.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy! You can totally steal the sparkalicious!

      And if I lived near you I would absolutely come over an make one for you :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Angi,
    Your pumpkins are fabulous! I absolutely love them. So cute and creative. I am making a pumpkin topiary this weekend. I am your newest follower. I hope you stop by to visit and follow along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda,

      Thanks for your sweet words and for following me!

      Have fun making your topiary! You'll find you want to make everything sparkalicious once you get going!

      Delete
  3. Love it!!! I am so making one myself to put next to my front door :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic!! I love it. I hope you will link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well OF COURSE I will! Thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  5. Hey neighbor! Found you on Houston Craigslist this morning and pinned your gorgeous dresser. Now following,
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linsey!

      Thanks so much for following me...and pinning my dresser :)

      Delete
  6. absolutely LOVE this! And the glitter is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love all things glitter :)

      Delete
  7. WOW!!!! This looks AWESOME!!!!!! I absolutely love it, what a cute idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I love everything about it, from the black and orange to the ribbon to the boo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable Angi, I just found your your blog featured at The 36th Ave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! Thanks for popping over from 36th Ave and for your sweet comment :)

      Hugs!

      Delete
  10. Question: Are the pumpkins fake? What did you do with the stems so they would stack? I have in-laws coming Sunday which means Saturday will be doing this project for my front porch. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Annette...yes the pumpkins are fake. The pumpkins that I bought at Hobby Lobby had holes in the bottom of them so that I could just stick the stems inside and stack them like that. Super Easy! I'm sue that you could easily cut holes in the bottoms of pumpkins if they don't already come like that though :)

      Have fun with it!

      Delete
  11. So festively fall. :D I would love this next to our front door. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! It would look awesome by your front door...gotta go make yourself one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable! I love it!


    =)



    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these pumpkins! You should enter your photos from this project into Craftbaby's DIY a Pumpkin Challenge! :)

    http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/34/diy-a-pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also LOVE this!!! I love all things that sparkle and shine. And the bow just makes it so much cuter. Now how did you get the pumpkins to stay on place?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous bow! I am attempting to locate the orange ribbon with the black circles....HELP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute! I love everything about it, from the black and orange to the ribbon to the boo!
    stitching factory in lahore
    shirt stitching factory

    ReplyDelete
  18. look at this site c2o47e5q42 good quality replica bags replica bags vuitton try this website b5l67l5r55 bags replica ysl replica bags joy replica bags wholesale hong kong fake gucci k3w93f7y86 replica bags lv

    ReplyDelete

Love notes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...