Image Map

Monday, January 30, 2012

Bake Me Happy...Thin Mint CookieTruffles


Easy Thin Mint Truffles
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●




I did a bad, bad thing. 

I bought a box of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies...and then I ate them.  The whole. stinking. box!  Yup, I sure did. 

And you know what else?  I don't feel bad about it.  I have NO guilt what.so.EVER!  NONE!  With every bite I took, I reminded myself that I was supporting a great society by eating them.  A society that EMPOWERS girls to do more...to get involved in their community and to help others.  So essentially, I was helping others by eating cookies.  I like the way that sounds, don't you? 

And since I am SUCH an awesome supporter of the Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies Society, I not only bought from one Girl Scout but TWO!  Yea, I'm awesome like that.  Which means that I now have enough cookies to feed a small army. 



My first thought was to freeze them in hopes that I would forget about them but quickly realized that the freezer only makes the cookies cold which actually inhanced the flavor.  UGH!  This simply will not do!  I CAN NOT have these in my home or I will proceed to eat every last box of them necessitating the need for more TRX classes (which you can read about here).  Again...this simply will NOT do!

Soooo....I had to come up with something I could do with them ASAP! 

And I did what any good food blogger would do.

I jumped on Pinterest. 

Oh yea I did!  Then I proceeded to waste an hour of my life looking at all the things that other people create and suddenly felt inadequate.  So I soothed myself with a few more Thin Mint Cookies...again HELPING a great society.  Did you know that there are like a meell-ion recipes out there for Thin Mint cookies?  I had NO idea!    GHAH!

I came across one for Thin Mint Truffles and knew that those were the ones to make (mostly because its the only one I had all the ingredients for).

Add then I made them...and we ate them! 




End of story!

So heres the recipe...Now go make your own and be a GREAT supporter of the Girl Scouts!


Easy Thin Mint Cookie Truffles
Ingredients
  • 1 (9 ounce) package Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, divided
  • 1 (4 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER’S Dark Chocolate Baking Chocolate, melted
Directions
  • Crush cookies to fine crumbs in food processor. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.)   Add cream cheese; mix until well blended.
  • Roll cookie mixture into balls, about 1-inch in diameter.  Place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
  • Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  • Dip balls in chocolate using toothpicks; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs or your favorite sprinkles immediately after dipping.
  • Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator. Yea, like there will be an left to store.  Uhm...NOT!
So tell me, what do you do with your Girl Scout cookies?  Do you just eat them straight from the box or do you conjur up some new recipe?

You may find this post partying in the following places:





I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home), Latest & Greatest Friday (Days of Chalk and Chocolate), Bacon Time, Fusion Friday (Jane Deere Blog). 

21 comments:

  1. I do all of the above! I will eat a ton, freeze a ton, and bake with a few. How'd you get yours already?? My daughter just turned in her order form Friday. We have to wait until mid-February! These truffles look AMAZING. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! I'll have to try this with the next box of Thin Mints...if they make it that far. I like to crush them up over vanilla ice cream. Nice and simple. Stopping by from The Girl Creative. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE crushing my Thin Mints up over ice cream too. YUMMY!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. YUM!!! Sounds good!

    #12 buggalcrafts http://buggalcrafts.wordpress.com/

    Lisa's Craft Blog Linky http://www.lisas-craft-blog.com/2012/01/love-filled-linky-list.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are dangerous good :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. OMG, I need one now (for breakfast)! So cute and yummy! I would love it if you would link up to my Valentines Party @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting!

      I will gladly link up to your party :)

      Delete
  5. These look so incredible! Anything thin mint and a truffle is tops in my book! We would love for you to share this at our link party!

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    Take care! Trish @ Uncommon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. They bury oreo truffles! They are utterly addictive!

      Delete
  7. Really sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am now following you and also I pinned this onto my Pinterest.

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for pinning me AND following me! *blush* It's people like you that keep me motivated to keep creating!

      *Hugs!*

      Delete
  9. We are hosting our first Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party next Friday and would love for you to share this! Feel free to stop by and grab a party button! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound amazing! I'm looking for desserts for a Superbowl party I'm going to this weekend. I think these just might be a winner. But I'll be buying some Grashoppers. I'm not very good at sharing my Thin Mints!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought two boxes the other day in front of the grocery store:) Can't wait to make some truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this at my Valentines Party! I'm featuring it tomorrow in my "Top 10 Valentines Treats" post! Feel free to stop by and grab a "featured" button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited for the feature! Thank you so much! I absolutly will stop by for a "featured button". THANKS!

      Delete
  13. I just bought some girl scout cookies and was thinking of doing this very thing! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. Please come back and link up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go make you some truffles girl!

      I will gladly be back to link up next week :)

      *Hugs*

      Delete

Love notes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...