Image Map

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Goodness


Ultimate Halloween Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie Bar


Um, yea, these are just SO WRONG!  I was over at Kevin & Amanda’s blog the other day reading up on some tips they offer on taking pictures when I stumbled upon this recipe.  I immediately started to drool and knew that I MUST make these LIKE NOW!


They are the perfect blend of yummy and SUPER YUMMY!  As Amanda describes it, “It’s a warm, gooey peanut butter cookie topped with a soft, fudgy brownie, with a sweet double stuffed Oreo nestled right in the middle. It’s the ultimate chocolate peanut butter treat”!  I couldn’t have said it better myself!  Thanks Amanda!

I had bought a package of these highly sought after Candy Corn M&M’s.  I say highly sought after because they are next to impossible to find…and can only be found at Walmart…and then only by your 11 year old son who has some sort of candy radar that adults lack.  I still don’t know where in the store he found them as he only offered up a shrug of the shoulders and pointed to the clothing section saying “over there somewhere”.  Nice!  Candy in the clothing section…who’d have thunk it? 


Aren't they cute?  I started to just eat these straight out of the bag but knew they had a higher purpose…in comes the Ultimate Halloween Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie recipe! 

The bottom layer is this insanely delicious peanut butter cookie.  I ate this dough by the spoonfuls…as did Mr. AKM until we realized it was in the morning and probably not the best way to start the day. 

Then comes the Oreos…oh how I love me some Oreos!  Just layer these bad boys right on top of the cookie layer and push them into the dough just a smidge for good measure.


Then let your hubby have an Oreo to dunk in his coffee cuz he’s been so patiently waiting for you to finish baking already and he LUHS YEW!

Mix up your favorite brownie recipe or boxed brownies.  I used Ghirardelli’s double chocolate brownie mix.  This is my favorite “go to” boxed brownie mix when I’m in the mood for brownies but not in the mood to go homemade.  Pour your brownie mix right on top of your Oreo layer and put into the oven.  I somehow missed photographing this step.  Not sure what happened there.  I think I got a bit over zealous.  So sue me!  When they are done baking and cooling you have this glorious gooey, peanut buttery, fudgy little slice of heaven!   OOH EEMM GEE!

And because your so exhuasted from baking these totally auspicious treats...let your man handle the clean up!  Because he Luhs yew and wants to kiiiissss yew. 


After you've cleaned up your mess and stuffed yourself silly with as many brownies as you possibly can, package them up in these cute little bags, put a sweet little tag on them and give them all away! 

You like that tag?  Me too!  My sis made that sweet little number for me.  Isn't she awesome?!  If you wanna score yourself some...or some other ones.  Go check out her Etsy site at Fairydreams.  She has all kinds of fun cards and tags and can pretty much make anything you dream up!

Ultimate Halloween Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie Bar
(adapted from Kevin & Amanda)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 (9.9 oz) pkg white chocolate candy corn M&Ms or 1 cup Reese’s Pieces
1 pkg Halloween or Double Stuffed Oreos
1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix
1/4 cup hot fudge topping - optional


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and beat until dough is light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, then slowly add to the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in M&Ms. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray, line with wax paper, and spray with cooking spray again. Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of the dish. Top with a layer of Oreos. Mix together brownie mix, adding an optional 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted 2″ from the edge comes out with moist pieces clinging to it.  Eat with a large glass of cold milk!  Enjoy!

This is partying at the following places...go join the fun!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my is right! Holy Moly those looks amazing! And completely fat-free am I right?? Can't wait to try these out. I'd love for you to share with my readers if you the chance: http://www.momontimeout.com/2011/10/taking-timeout-thursday-link-party-no-2.html

    -Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl what are ya tryin to do to me????? GEEEEEEZ!!!!!!
    I am so making these. I'll explain it to my thighs later.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are some dangerously awesome looking bars!!! So yummy and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SERIOUSLY dangerous...and Ooooh sooo good!

      *Hugs*

      Delete

Love notes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...